Spotlight On: Paediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Specialists
A comprehensive management plan will be formulated to maximise the child or young person’s participation and quality of life.
What conditions might benefit?
Some conditions which may benefit from a Rehabilitation Medicine opinion include conditions present from birth and those acquired later in life, such as:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Acquired Brain Injury (including traumatic brain injury, stroke, other causes of brain injury)
- Spinal Cord Injury and Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Recovery from major Orthopaedic surgery
- Deconditioning related to chronic illness
- Other conditions resulting in functional limitation or disability
Services offered include:
- Comprehensive management plans
- Tone management
- Botulinum toxin treatment
- Access to Better Start funding
- Case conferencing with other professionals involved in care
- Care for TAC clients
- Medicolegal assessments
Referral from a general practitioner or specialist doctor is required.
Additional referral information from allied health practitioners is welcomed.
We are pleased to announce they are now taking new referrals and have additional private sessions available for new patient appointments.